POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the procurement of materials, supplies, and equipment needed for Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC) departments with established procurement limits. The purchasing generalist works independently and in partnership with the department managers to evaluate market conditions, sources of supply, quality, and cost to purchase items at the lowest cost consistent with quality, compatibility, and SCHC standards. The purchasing generalist will coordinate the delivery and installation of materials, supplies, and equipment within the requested department.
The accounting generalist prepares invoices and supporting documentation for accounts payable, scanning checks, and supporting documentation. Assist accounting with data entry, processing, recording transactions, updating the general ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports as needed. The accounting and purchasing generalist is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies, and equipment within established procurement limits.
- Evaluate market conditions, sources of supply, quality, and cost to purchase items at the lowest cost consistent with quality, compatibility, and SCHC standards
- Prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Research and identify prospective suppliers.
- Works with accounting to identify proper general ledger accounts to be charged.
- Ensures proper approval and receipt of goods and services, account codes, cost allocation and assist accounting in gathering information for appropriate entry into the accounts payable accounting system.
- Maintains accurate vendor files and contact information.
- Coordinates with vendors regarding the delivery of the product.
- Prepares invoices and supporting documentation for accounts payable.
- Prepares check runs and arranges for mailing vendor checks and scans vendor checks and supporting documentation.
- Reviews periodic personal protective equipment (PPE) supply inventory and prepares recommended orders for approval.
- Prepare reports and maintain accurate procurement records and inventory.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in preparing annual budgets and various government and grant reports, if needed, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Back up support for accounting as necessary.
- Work independently and in partnership with department managers.
- Requires attention for detail.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Two years or more of experience in all aspects of purchasing, with healthcare experience preferred.
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment.
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home.
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for our community’s primary health needs in a professional and compassionate manner.
What we offer
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, vacation, and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more. We are a drug-free workplace. EOE. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.