POSITION SUMMARY: The Certified Coding Specialist is responsible for correctly coding healthcare claims in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance companies and government healthcare programs, such as Medicare. The CCS also provides knowledge of best coding practices to billing, administration and providers. This position handles confidential information regarding patient records with knowledge of release of information policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers coding questions from providers and staff.
- Reviews and processes daily charges submitted by providers at all sites.
- Prepares and organizes documentation in response to carrier audit requests.
- Remains current on new codes and updates to coders practices.
- Performs chart audits as requested by Administration or CMO.
- Participate in the development of coding policies and procedures as identified.
- Identifies and clarifies missing, conflicting, or nonspecific clinician documentation related to diagnosis and procedures.
- Reviews coding denials from payers and recommends appropriate action to resolve the claim based on payer and coding guidelines.
- Works with medical staff to resolve coding issues and associated problems.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Creates tools and provides training to providers and billing staff on coding tips and updates.
- Participates in special projects that require knowledge of current coding practices.
- Assist Billing Department as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Minimum of two (2) years coding and billing experience in physician practice.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley, based in Grants Pass, Oregon, and has facilities in Grants Pass, Medford, and Cave Junction. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and far Northern California.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org