POSITION SUMMARY: The Dental Assistant helps ensure quality care and efficient patient flow through the clinic by processing and placing patients in examination rooms and preparing patients for examination by a Dentist and/or Hygienist. Assists dental practitioners during examinations and operative procedures. Performs operative procedures in accordance with the clinic and federal protocols. Maintains clinical areas in a state of readiness for patient care.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a Dental Assistant’s training program or a minimum of two years’ experience as a Dental Assistant in a dental office or clinic is required.
- Current Expanded Function Dental Assistant certification is preferred.
- Current Oregon X-ray certification is desirable.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification is required.
- Proof of current unrestricted Oregon Driver’s License, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record is required.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows and follows all clinical protocols, including charting and other paperwork.
- Demonstrates interest and initiative towards safety issues to ensure patient, personal, and staff safety.
- Places patient in the examination room and prepares for examination by the dental practitioner by taking vital signs, completing patient interview regarding the reason for visit, updating information, and preparing a chart for examination.
- Alerts Dentist when a patient presents with a possible emergency or immediate medical or dental need.
- Assists dental practitioners with dental examinations and operative procedures as requested. Mixes alloys and filling materials within the scope of training and in accordance with clinic protocols.
- Administers dental treatments as directed by dental practitioners, within the scope of training, and in accordance with clinic protocols.
- Prepares patient for tests and procedures by instructing patient and preparing for procedures. Provides health and dental education materials as directed by dental practitioners.
- Performs dental laboratory processes within the scope of training, and in accordance with clinic protocols.
- Takes and develops x-rays when necessary. Demonstrates the ability to do a full mouth x-ray in 10 minutes or less, and an emergent assessment and x-ray within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Maintains clinical areas in a state of readiness for patient care by stocking and setting up rooms for examinations. Orders dental and medical supplies as needed, in accordance with clinic purchasing and budget protocols. Works with suppliers, monitors costs, and recommends vendors to ensure quality and cost controls.
- Assists Receptionists in preparing charts and registering patients as needed. Assists in calling patients to remind them of visits and providing pre-visit instructions. Assists in preparing and sending patient correspondence, such as no-show letters, laboratory letters, and follow-up visit reminders. Performs other duties as requested to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Assists in the maintenance of dental laboratory and x-ray inventory, and orders supplies as needed, in accordance with clinic purchasing and budget protocols. Works with
- Suppliers, monitors cost, and recommend vendors to ensure quality and cost controls.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
Pay: $18.00 per hour