POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of a qualified Dentist in a dental clinic setting, incumbent assesses patient needs, plans and delivers direct dental care and associated services to patients, and utilizes established dental hygiene protocol and procedures.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documents dental history or chief complaints. Assess dental condition and patient needs using patient screening procedure. Record and report pertinent observations. Collect data for studies of treatment efficacy.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygiene procedures; such as debridement, prophy, scaling and root planning, x-rays, application of sealants, temporary filling, and fluorides, and related procedures.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for outreach patients under the standing orders of the Chief Dental Officer.
- Works independently with other members of the outreach team, administrators and teachers at the outreach locations, and dentally underserved children.
- Documents dental history, records chief complaints, records and reports pertinent observations, and conducts standard patient relations in a standard dental clinical setting.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse reactions during treatment of patients.
- Perform reasonable administrative and other responsibilities assigned by SCHC.
- Prepares and delivers educational material and presentations to patients and families as well as all sectors of the community on topics pertaining to dental health, hygiene and prevention.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
- Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist in the State of Oregon.
- Limited Access Permit with proof of liability insurance.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Current Oregon driver’s license and proof of insurance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations and guidelines for the provision of care to dental patients.
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontal, pathological, and associated conditions in dental patients.
- Knowledge of patient screening, charting and medical history procedures and documentation.
- Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygiene services and procedures.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
Pay: $71,759 – $77,338 per year