Siskiyou Community Health Center has an opening for an experienced Medical Assistant at one of our School-Based Health Centers located in Grants Pass, OR. The Medical Assistant will work closely with their assigned provider to examine, diagnose, and treat school-age children. School-Based Health Centers are permanent facilities within the schools and are staffed by a Family Nurse Practitioner, a Physician Assistant, Registered Nurses, and Medical Assistants. This position will also have some clerical duties.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program desired or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience working as a Medical Assistant in a clinic setting preferred.
- Must have current AHA-BLS (Basic Life Support) for the Healthcare Provider or be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Office Applications.
- Experience with electronic medical records and/or computerized billing systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking desired.
What we offer
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated agains COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for primary health needs of our community in a professional and compassionate manner.
If you would like to be part of a team that’s committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org