Siskiyou Community Health Center’s School-Based Health Center in the Illinois Valley is looking for a Medical Receptionist to perform duties necessary to ensure efficient SBHC operations. The medical receptionist will greet all students and staff courteously and professionally. Provide clerical support to medical practitioners and nurses. Maintains patient information per Siskiyou Community Health Center and the School-Based Health Center’s protocols. Provides general health information to students and families and maintains supplies of health education materials. Assists the billing department in posting payments and explaining payment and billing policies to students and their families.
- Serves as an educational resource to patients/families.
- Assist patients in enrolling children in OHP or Oregon Healthy Kids or other programs as available.
- Responsible for accurate and timely interviewing of patients and relatives in a courteous manner to obtain registration data.
- Performs pre-registration/registration/scheduling in person and via telephone interviews.
- Responds to patient inquiries regarding available programs at SCHC
- Assists with a slide application if needed.
- Assist with coordination of care between PCP and Behavioral Health Departmen.t
- Arrange for interpreter services when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience is preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate HR needs, think proactively, and respond appropriately.
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home.
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for our community’s primary health needs in a professional and compassionate manner.
What we offer
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more. We are a drug-free workplace. EOE. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated agains COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com