POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for fostering high levels of customer service for all new patients. Responsible for ensuring that patients receive appropriate, timely, and accurate information about the services provided including medical access, financial services, social services and other programs available at SCHC.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meeting one-on-one with new patients to facilitate the coordination of their healthcare, obtain medical record history, and determine financial status, insurance coverage and eligibility with state and federal programs. Patients are offered the slide to assist them should their payer or insurance not cover the visit in full. Eligibility based on family size and income. New patient will have understanding of SCHC financial policies.
- Assist new patients with the registration process, meeting with them individually as needed and remaining their contact person for concerns and questions regarding their first visit to the clinic. Follow-up contact with new patients to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Advise patient of obtaining medical records and ensure SCHC has all records prior to appointment. Obtain records from last 5 years. Patients can be seen for the establishing visit without complete records. Health history including all dates and medications must be completed. Patient wanting pain management are not scheduled until all records received.
- Input demographic information within practice management system. Set up new account as needed after confirming patient is not in the NG system.
- Verify insurance/billing information and input within practice management system. U
- Provide basic information and instructions to the patient regarding the providers practice. Discuss medical needs with the patient to determine the best provider choice. Schedule new patient appointment with both the provider and the nursing staff (for intake appointment and review of clinic policies).
- Maintain organized records of patient contacts.
- Be available to speak with new patients whenever needed, both by phone and in person. Patient will not be sent to voicemail for follow-up phone call.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally, within the organization and when working in the community.
- Actively contribute to the teamwork of SCHC by always presenting a positive attitude and patient-minded vision, with patient satisfaction as the goal.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience required.
- Prior experience with medical office software and medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong customer relations skills
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home.
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for our community’s primary health needs professionally and compassionately.
What we offer
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more. We are a drug-free workplace—pre-employment drug screen and background check required for all positions. EOE. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated agains COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.