POSITION SUMMARY: Improve the overall health of the people of Josephine County and expand the availability of health care by providing primary medical services at SCHC clinics in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations of the SCHC Board of Directors and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treats a mixed patient population, across gender, age and ethnicity, as well as insured and uninsured.
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on the patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings and diagnoses condition.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures. Orders inoculations and vaccinations for patients to immunize from communicable diseases. Performs minor surgery. Refers patients to medical specialists or other practitioners for specialized treatment.
- Advise patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for the prevention of disease.
- Records and/or signs off on physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, in patient’s electronic chart (or written chart) in accordance with established standards.
- Reports births, deaths, and outbreaks of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
- Participates in provider staff meetings to develop problem-solving techniques, and acquire team-building skills. Participates in peer reviews.
- Represents SCHC at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs.
- Supervises assigned Physician Assistants as requested or needed.
- Serves as a resource to mid-level providers in the clinic as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of accredited medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy program required. Board certification or board eligible in area of specialty (internists/pediatricians, family practice, obstetrics/gynecology) required. Family Practice specialty strongly preferred.
- Must be able to secure credentialing through identified agencies (Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required. Keyboarding skills required.
- Previous experience working with underserved populations highly desired.
- Certification through the Drug Enforcement Agency and valid licensure in Oregon required.
- CPR/ ACLS certified.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader, including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, PTO, Mercy Flights, matching 403(b), and much more.
Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level. Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exceptions will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings. To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.