POSITION SUMMARY: The Vaccine Clinic Manager will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Siskiyou Community Health Center COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics. The intent of the clinics will be to vaccinate the citizens of Josephine County. The Manager will be responsible for planning, site logistics, vaccine management, and full implementation of internal and external vaccine clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), Chief Quality Officer (CQO) and Employee Health Nurse to develop a plans for each of the different types of vaccine clinics.
- Work with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), Chief Quality Officer (CQO) and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) to hire and maintain a team of temporary staff including vaccine support, medical assistants, nurses and other appropriate staff.
- Oversee the process of vaccine scheduling, including oversight of staff scheduling patients as well as creating dates/plans for vaccine days in accordance with available vaccine, employees, and sites for each day.
- Determine supplies and equipment needed to implement the different clinics.
- Recommend purchases to the CCO and CQO in order to be fully prepared for the clinics and/or order supplies.
- Determine the number and type of staff needed in order to staff the different clinics and create employee schedules.
- Recommend to the CCO, CQO and CHRO any staff to recruit.
- Develop, maintain, and adjust a full implementation plan for each vaccine site.
- Develop and maintain all necessary forms, documents and signage necessary for the clinics.
- Work with the CCO and CQO to search out, vet and secure the necessary sites for the clinics to reach target populations.
- Work with CCO and CQO and facilities to layout the site configuration.
- Work with CCO and CQO and Facility Manager to determine what furniture and equipment we already have and then determine what additional items we need for each site.
- Work with the Employee Health Nurse to develop a vaccine management plan including daily reconciliation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse license with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience, preferably in a community health clinic, or two years of relevant managerial experience, healthcare preferred.
- Current BLS certification.
- The ability to handle sensitive situations and stress effectively, projecting a professional attitude.
- Ability to consistently exercise independent discretion and judgment, but maintain a willingness to seek assistance and/or advice when needed.
- Must exhibit excellent organizational skills, detail management, punctuality and attendance. Ability to re-prioritize tasks.
- Ability to learn and use an electronic health record (EHR) system.
Where we are located
Nestled in the beautiful Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon, Grants Pass is home to Siskiyou Community Health Center, with Medford and Cave Junction facilities. The Cave Junction Clinic is located approximately 29 miles from Grants Pass and 69 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Jacksonville comprise the commercial and tourist hub of Southern Oregon and California’s northernmost tip. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, endless opportunities to enjoy nature, and some of the kindest people you’ll ever meet, southern Oregon is a great place to call home
Our Mission Statement
To identify and provide care for primary health needs of our community in a professional and compassionate manner.
If you would like to be part of a team that’s committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet with you to discuss our current openings.
Job Type: Full-time